Saturday, March 31, 2007

Logo fun.


I am in the process of trying to develop a new line of scented Whipped Shea butter products to compliment the other products I have on my current sites. Neither of the other companies offer whipped product.


The product development process has been fun and appeals to my constant need for a creative outlet. The kids are getting in on the act and I love the feeling of a family business.

The logo design development however, has been a source of much anxiety.


Tip #1 - DON'T design too many or you may just lose your mind trying to pick one.


I did find some fun places to play around and work with designs online. AAA Logo. com was easy and fun and vast in the designs and things you can do with them. Fun for any computer geek with a few hours to kill. Logomaker.com was easy. Not as much design ability but better if you don't want as many choices. It was easy to work with and it provides simple templates that make the process easy peasy. The best part was the ability to have your friend weigh in on the process and vote on your top 6 designs.


My end result was to download a trial version of Corel and spend 8 hours developing, meshing and changing ideas I got from the other two sites. Ideas I never would have thought of on my own. Final result... the name koku (Turkish for trail of scent left behind that can be followed).
I have to send a special thanks to Jules at http://northofthe49th.wordpress.com/. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who'd have thought one of Marketing degree's would have come in handy!! I'm so proud of you :-)

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!! Great start!!

:-)