Friday, March 30, 2007

Wecome...I'm a Newbie.

Welcome to my very first blog...ever!!!!
I started reading about blogs because I have recently started up e-commerce websites. This is I guess what I am ready to discuss on a daily basis. The trials and tribulations. The things learned. Mistakes made. Advice to the other newbies out there.

It's not that I am a professional by any means. It's that I have made some very costly $$$$ mistakes and if I can help others avoid this, then my job is done.

Mistake #1. Conceding to high pressure sales tactics and believing the hype.
I figured if even half or a quarter of the earning possibility that was hyped was there, I had easy money about to start rolling in. Of course, I am exaggerating, but I figured if I did all the things recommended to earn, plus a little extra - I would be successful... quickly.

In the back of my head, I knew the answers. I knew that it was still basically retail. Business plans for retail... generally a five year plan. But the sweet, mesmerizing hype. The visions of dollar signs dancing in my head. The quick calculations all adding up, cha ching, cha ching, cha ching. I jumped! Leaped . Hurdled past all my inhibitions and reservations and landed in financial debt.

Now I am on the warpath to recovery. All the while still plugging away at those sites I dished out thousands for. Sites I learned later... MISTAKE #2 RESEARCH FIRST, I could have started at a fraction of the cost.

Yes I admit I am a first class sucker, BUT I have learned and I am going the extra mile to make my sites work. And I hope I can take some of you along for the successful (got to think positively) ride I am about to embark upon.

Forget the fact that I was a dumbass and just learn from me how not to be!

Here's to growth of wealth and minds.

http://www.sheabuttershop.ca/
http://www.thesheabuttershop.com/
Let me know what you think of my sites. Lesson #3 - Learn to accept constructive criticisms graciously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!
here's a plug!
Butter Up

Anonymous said...

oops-i think the link backfired:
Butter Up!

This might work.
If all else fails:
www.northofthe49th.com

Help! I've started an online business... said...

Thanks a bunch.